Monday, March 3, 2014

linear motion

I finished a sketch showing linear motion of a particle on the x-axis.  I couldn't decide how I wanted to depict it, and I'm not sure how effective it will be.  Over the last couple of years, I have kept giving up on this one and coming back to it.  At this point I have made the sketch featuring both of my 'tactile functions': piecewise linear and piecewise cubic.  You can nudge these functions around to be any shape that you fancy.  You can demonstrate essential behavior of textbook problems.  The moving particle can be hidden or revealed, in case you want to predict what the motion looks like.  Time just rolls repeatedly through the domain of the velocity function once you click the "Animate t" button.  You can even adjust the speed of time.  Just think about that.

Download: calculus_linearMotion.gsp

 

No comments:

Post a Comment